According to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Standing Committee on Finance has defined climate finance as “finance that aims at reducing emissions, and enhancing sinks of greenhouse gases and aims at reducing vulnerability of, and maintaining and increasing the resilience of, human and ecological systems to negative climate change impacts.”
Lack of an effective and enabling environment for private sector that provides visibility to climate compatible development.
Government incentives alone are insufficient for larger and complex climate compatible projects.
Limited awareness of the accessibility potential and requirements of different sources of climate finance
Limited knowledge in developing countries of the different sources of climate finance, and their applicability for different investment contexts and/ or actions.
There are few visible ‘investment ready’ projects, with many opportunities requiring further development, due diligence, new financing solutions and changes in regulatory or institutional barriers.
What is Climate.finance?
Climate.finance is an effective and enabling platform for institutions, technical experts and various other stake holders who are looking to contribute in developing and investing in climate resilient technologies or projects.
- Climate.finance will provide repository of information of companies/ individuals and the efforts they are making to combat or mitigate or adapt to the effects of climate change.
- Provides a platform for companies to understand investors expectations and for investors to express their interests and beliefs
- Climate.finance is an interactive platform to both the investors and investees to express their interests and concerns.
- Provides a opportunity of providing technology developers to express & emphasize the importance of commercializing/scaling up their products.
- And for investors, it gives access and visibility to wide range of relevant, viable technical expertise & investment opportunities.